As a homeowner, you may be wondering whether you need SHA approval for your home improvement projects, such as fence installation, sidewalk and driveway construction, retaining wall installation, etc. The simple answer is that if your project involves anything on the exterior of your home or lawn, then it is likely that you will need SHA approval.

To get started, you will need to fill out a Construction Approval Form which can be easily found on our website under the “Documents” tab. You should submit the completed form along with any necessary documents and drawings of your proposed project to the SHA office for approval. Our Construction Approval Committee will then review your request to ensure that it complies with our SHA Restrictions.

If your project is approved, you will be able to obtain the required city permits and start your project. Typically, our committee will complete these requests within a couple of days.